Q&A with JAN CZUDEK, Director of Blue Cross Czech RepublicJan CzudekDirector
1. Why is the work of the Blue Cross important to you?
Ten years of the work of the Blue Cross in the Czech Republic has contributed significantly to the fact that many people have found the meaning of life without alcohol, which has been proven by many personal testimonies.
2. Are you convinced of the impact of your work – if so, which aspects?
Blue Cross as an organization in the Czech Republic contributed to the fact that the problem of addiction to alcohol was legislatively recognized, and alcohol itself has been recognized as the most available illegal drug.
3. What was your happiest moment during your time with Blue Cross?
It was during the conference in Brazil in 2008 when I learned that the Czech Republic project would be financed by the Norwegian campaign. The second most important moment was when, after five years of support and cooperation with the headquarters in Bern, we were ready to operate independently from Czech Republic grants.
4. What is/was your biggest challenge in your work for Blue Cross?
Thanks to the IBC, we got a chance to address the issue of addiction. Now, our main goal is to convince the state authorities to change the levels of tolerance of alcohol use in the Czech Republic, both legally and medially.
5. Blue Cross in your country: What do you consider your most important project?
Our most important project creates a stable network of professional counselling centres where whole families find support and help.