Q&A with RICHARD PAREDES, Administrator at Blue Cross ParaguayRichard ParedesAdministrator
1. Why is the work of the Blue Cross important to you?
The Blue Cross is an institution that has been working for many years in the treatment of drugs and alcohol. We appreciate the support from the training, information, and advice they give us with the main aim to help the people with the purpose to help the people with their addictions and rehabilitation.
2. Are you convinced of the impact of your work – if so, which aspects?
The addictions are a major problem that affects a lot of persons in the society. With our rehabilitation programmes and other work’s areas like prevention, training and self-help groups (mutual help groups), we are confident of the positive impact from the “Comunidad Terapéutica El Camino” in society.
3. What was your happiest moment during your time with Blue Cross?
That will be seeing persons who leave their addiction problem behind and start a new life of being an alcohol/drugs free person.
4. What is/was your biggest challenge in your work for Blue Cross?
Working with persons that have an addiction problem and where forgotten by society.
5. Blue Cross in your country: What do you consider your most important project?
Help persons with addiction problems to find their way to recovery and to a healthy life without drugs.