F&A mit Samadji Mbangtonou , Generalsekretär beim Blauen Kreuz TschadSAMADJI MBANGTONOUGeneralsekretär
1. Why is the work of the Blue Cross important to you?
The work of Blue Cross is so important to me because it provides important information on alcohol, tobacco, other drugs, STI/HIV/AIDS, gender-based violence, good governance and social accountability to the population in general and youth in particular.
2. Are you convinced of the impact of your work – if so, which aspects?
There are so many testimonials of change and here are some of them:
- Improved health status
- More and more time spent on family and work
- Improvement of the financial situation and the family economy
- Purchase of cattle for farm work
- Enrolment of children in quality and more expensive schools by their parents
- Some women who previously produced artisanal alcoholic beverages have changed activities
- Some motorcycle taxi drivers have bought their own motorcycles
- Some students' academic performance has improved
- Some civil society associations and state institutions have integrated the fight against alcoholism, tobacco and other drug addiction into their activities.
3. What was your happiest moment during your time with Blue Cross?
The happiest moment for me is the time of testimonies of significant changes.
4. What is/was your biggest challenge in your work for Blue Cross?
The greatest challenge is to make the work of the Chadian Blue Cross more and more professional and to extend it to all the provinces of Chad.
5. Blue Cross in your country: What do you consider your most important project?
The current project for the development of life skills by Chadian Blue Cross peers is the most important because it increasingly includes the elements that are so important.