Overview of Blue Cross Hungary
- Blue Cross Hungary is doing healing, aftercare and enlightening work
- They operate a healing home in Dömös and 42 groups nationwide
- have nearly 20 employees and 81 volunteers
- Volunteer service is also provided by group leaders and pastors
- Organize national and regional meetings annually
Q&A with Nemeth Katalin Balogh, President of BC HongarieNemeth Katalin Balogh
1. Why is the work of the Blue Cross important to you?
From God our mission is to proclaim the salvation of Jesus Christ toward people suffering from alcoholism.
2. Are you convinced of the impact of your work – if so, which aspects?
In Hungary, the healing service is recognized nationwide. Healthcare, social and church workers send us the helpers.
3. What was your happiest moment during your time with Blue Cross?
Finding a community of faith during the service.
4. What is/was your biggest challenge in your work for Blue Cross?
Among the common changes, find the way and conditions for further operation.
5. Blue Cross in your country: What do you consider your most important project?
Now and the next year we build a healing home. This construction will help to improve the conditions of our service. So we can pay more attention to our alcoholic brothers.